Saturday, November 15, 2008

So much to recap..

Sorry about the lack of posts..it has been a while hasn't it? I don't wanna go home in 3 weeks!!!

So after Lisbon we took a rediculously long train ride to Paris..from Lisbon..check out a map..it's far. We arrived in Paris for the sole purpose of going to Disneyland..and that we did. It truly was magical pretending to be a child again. It was fun. We got a stupidly annoying fine on the metro though, wasn't even our fault..it was only 25 euros, but it was inconveniant still.

From Paris, we travelled to Cherbourg to catch our ferry over to Ireland. Worst ferry ride ever. EVER. 22 hours of storm on the Atlantic. I never want to do that again. It wasn't so bad when we were sleeping because we just layed on the ground and slept to the rocking of the boat, but as soon as I got up in the morning...ugh...I felt so sick. I, in the past, have been quite proud of my sea-legs, but obviously they failed me because I was sick. I didn't throw up, but I have to sit outside in the freezing rain and wind to try and escape the feeling of death welling up inside. Needless to say I was overjoyed at our landing in Ireland, not just because I hated the ship, but also because I've been looking forward to coming here for so long. It really is something else.

Anyway..yes, we arrived in Rosslare at the ferry terminal and got wisked into passport control to get our passports stamped, then we went on orur way to Dubin.

In Dublin we had a grand time. We stayed with a very popular person in the couchsurfing world (we only found that out after staying with her) and she was so funny, actually Dot if you're reading this she reminded me a lot of you, hilare..anyway. We went shopping and went to the Guiness brewery at St. Jame's gate and I painted a bit, it was really great.

We then were on our way to Cork. It was so so so cool. I really liked it. As soon as we arrived we were looking at a map and a nice old chap came up to us and asked if we needed some help. We did and he sure helped us, gave us specific details and everything, he even went to his office (he worked at the station) and got a map for us. So nice. We chatted with him for a bit and then said goodbye only to get more hlep on the street when we pulled out our map..everyone was so friendly! We couchsurfed there too with a very nice guy named Sebastian, he showed us all around the city that night and he was a great host! We also took a small trip to Blarney to kiss the blarney stone..cool, but I already felt lucky to be here before I kissed the thing.

We're now in Killarney in the most amazing little farm house in the country. We're couchsurfing yet again with a girl named Silke and her little 14 month old daughter Emily. Oh and not to mention the 6 puppies, dog, and 2 cats. I am so jealous..it is so beautiful here. So lush and green. Tomorrow we're off for a nice long hike through one of the many parks in county Kerry with Sebastian and a couple other couch surfers. I'm so happy!

Well, Liz is waiting for the computer so I'd better go..sorry for the lack of detail, but it was a lot to remember.

Until the next time...

4 comments:

dotanddeb said...

Woah. Thanks for the "shout out", Justine.
my mom always said that balarney stone was a filthy thing. With all the diseases these days, i'm sure that thing's got herpes by now.

Tell Sebastian Dot says hi.

Nicolette said...

hey justine, I heard that the locals sneak in there and pee on the Blarney Stone at night when the tourists are gone. . .

Liz said...

That's sweet that you're couch surfing... I'd love to do that but everyone else is too paranoid. I guess it's working well for you though - must be a great way to meet people!

Neans/Grumps said...

So happy to hear from you again. You can now appreciate what your two grandfathers did for a living. We too, on occasion got sea sick. (rum helps) Glad you enjoyed your time on the farm. Love you

Neans Grumps