Thursday, September 25, 2008

Munich goings on.

Hey guys!

So I'm in Berlin now, but I'm going to take this oppourtunity to tell you about my dealings in Munich.

Well, let me start by saying we met good ol' Kristy Parker in Munich. We stayed with her for 2 days until we had to part our separate ways. We had a blast! We walked around the city a bit in the mornings and then went to Oktoberfest for the afternoons and evenings. Oktoberfest is so much more than big beer festival full of tourists and locals in Leiderhosen! There's rides and food galore and there are local brews for the tastin' too! It was a lot of fun and the whole park was PACKED. I think something like 6 million people visit during the 2 weeks that the festival runs, so as you can imagine it is busy. But really good! It was fun to meet lots of people. We went on some swell rides that I've never seen in Canada before and they were super! What a thing to witness soooooo many people in traditional clothing. And Jared, I'm so sorry, I tried to fond some leiderhosen to buy for you, but being leather pants they are RIDICULOUSLY expensive like 200€ for the suit! Whaaaa! So no. Nine leiderhosen for you. Nine meaning no. Not #9. Anyway. Yes it was very fun and Munich is really beautiful, but pretty expensive. Being the cheapskate that I am that wasn't the best thing ever. Well, I can't really think of anything else to say! Hope the weather's nice back home!

Justine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so octoberfest has started even though it is not october yet? I remember Kristy parker (went on school japan trip with her,) is she living in munich at the moment? how cool!!!

Neans/Grumps said...

Glad you enjoyed Octoberfest. Love your Blog

Love
Neans Grumps

Unknown said...

It's fun to hear about what you've been up to. Keep your head up kiddo! We love you - Mom and Pops

AfterVerner said...

It's raining, just to let you know.