Oh Vienna, how wonderful art thou? Really wonderful.
So here I am writing from Salzburg, trying to remember Vienna. It's hard because when you hop from city to city as much as we do some of the millions upon millions of wonderous things get muddled together. But I will try my best to recolect strong points found in Vienna.
Well for starters it wasn't at all what I was expecting. When I thought of Vienna before I thought of a small quaint town with little happening apart from home cooking and small folk bustling about doing errands of some sort. I sure am crazy because Vienna is so busy and full of people and life! It was crazy full of shops and Mozart everything everywhere and the opera along with so much else! I quickly found this beautiful city to boast some of the most gorgous streets yet. It's hard to think about it all. Wow. We went to an opera and saw 'Cappricio' a play about..well..I don't actually know. You see from our 3€ standing seats at the top right corner of the stage we could only see half the stage and it really didn't help that they were singing in german..naturally. So I eventually sat againsta wall and closed my eyes and imagined that I understood. That was good enough for me. It was really quite nice. Whilst in Vienna I also had my first taste of schnitzel. So delicious, yet so arterie clogging. I'll have a nice bit of deep-fried pork any day. I also tried my first bratwurst. A giant whitish sort of sausage. It also tasted very good, but I could feel my heart working harder to pump my blood properly. Nummeh. Lemme see..whet else. Oh! Well, coincidence that we met two girls from good ol' courtney B.C. and what do you know but they knew the Murray's and one of them was friends with Boot and they knew who Dot was and were also friends with Chip. Craaazy. We talked with them a lot, it was really good. Well my brain is playing tricks on me and not allowing me to think of any more intruiging stories, so I leave you with a small taste of glorious Vienna, Austria in your mouth. MMM.
2 comments:
I can't believe you ate Bratwurst! What's happenning to you?
Bratwurst, Schnitzel is Rhine wine and beer next? We love it all!!!!
Neans and Grumps
Post a Comment