Hey everyone!
So I left you talking about the rain in Barcelona..now off to more tales of adventure, partially in rain, in the small city of Malaga in the south of Spain.
Our first day in Malaga was beautiful. Blue skies, the ocean yet again. Shopping in tiny stores off a crowded street, absolutely wonderful. We walked to the small town called Torremolinos which, I´m guessing, is kind of like a district of Malaga. We were really just taking our time, enjoying the sun and warmth. We eventually made our way back to where we were staying, a YWAM base called Villa Isabel. They were so good to us. We felt right at home. We even helped some of the kids of a family who was visiting, make a happy birthday banner for one of the staff members. It was good fun. That night I slept very very well in my cozy little bed.
The next morning we got up and having originally planned to go to Gebraltar, decided not to because we were to tired to wake up early. So we slept a little bit, until breakfast, which was really big because it was a birthday breakfast for the afformentioned staff member. We ate a whole lot of delicious breakfast. We then decided, since we found out it was raining, that we would just go to the indoor shopping mall at the train station in Malaga. We had to walk from the villa to the metro, then take the metro to the covered train station. In the 30 or so minutes it took us to walk down the big hill where the villa was we became completely soaked. And I mean thoroughly drenched. Our jeans were stuck to us, our shoes made squishing noises, we watched as the road looked more like a river (seriously), it poured buckets. It was awesome.. So we got to the mall, very wet, and I tried to dry myself a little in one of those hand dryer things, but ended up looking like a little bit of a fool, plus my jeans were still very wet, so we continued on for a nice day of shopping. We got back to our villa (again drenched) and made ourselves some nice pesto pasta with chicken and steamed broccoli. T´was a good day.
The next morning we got up early to catch our train to Madrid, from which we would catch our night train to Lisbon, Portugal. We ended up over shooting our times a bit, making our stay in the train station about 10 hours and November 1st is a holiday so no shops nearby were open..so we hung around for a long time. We had a bit of drama when we kept catching this random creepy guy taking photos of us..sooooooo creepy. The worst part is, he sucked at being subtle, so he has a lot of pictures of me staring right at him making ´what do you think you´re doing, I see you´ faces. He kept following us ´subtly´all around the station. Acting like he was just walking around a lot. So he had drawn the last straw when he came lurking again around us, taking pictures over some ledge. I stood up and I just stared at him with the most menacing glare I could muster. I just would´t stop staring intently at him. Obviously flustered, he made it look like he was just turning off his camera and putting it away, when I kept staring he started walking, I kept staring all the while he was walking and quickly glancing up at me, only to look back at his shoes again. Yeah, that´s right. We didn´t see him again. The ol´glare got him running. Haha. Yes. It was a long wait. Our train left at 11:00pm and got into Lisbon at 8:00am. Roughest train ride ever..seeing as we´re cheap, we bought seats in 2nd class instead of paying for beds..ugggh..it was smoking hot, especially where Liz was right by the window. The good thing was that we had empty seats facing us, which meant we could put our feet up. It was loud and rocky, but we made it..we´re here in Lisbon and it is really quite a jem. Seriously nice. There are a lot of huge monuments everywhere and the architecture is very interesting. I like, I like. Well, tomarrow we rent bikes and check out the bigger part of Lisbon. Awesome. I´m so excited!
Bye for now!
Justine.
2 comments:
ahhhhh ped... creepy european ped.
So glad you're enjoying your trip. Sooo glad you have a menacing stare. What a creep. Miss you, hope you're home soon Love
Neans and Grumps
Post a Comment