You know how the PC monitor has default wallpapers that you can browse through and use at your leisure? You know the one with that field with a hill and clouds? The one many people choose to place on their desktop because it makes them dream of what`s on the other side of that grassy knoll?
Yeah, that`s Salzburg well, more specifically, that`s the train ride into Salzburg. Once there you`re surrounded by towering mountains and autumn trees with colourful leaves floating to the ground at every angle. An artist`s dream. Sigh. So nice.
Our stay was bettered further by our first couch surfing experience. We stayed with a wonderful girl named Sandra who had the most amaying flat and personality to boot. She was so friendly and such a good host, we literally felt right at home. So very nice. A lot of our time was spent hanging out with our host and the two other couch surfers, Youssef from France, and Flora from Mexico. They were also super cool.
On our second night there Sandra, Liz and I made schnitzel and let me tell you, it was SO good. Now I know how to make delicious home made schnitzel. Yessss. Skillz. We had great fun discovering Salzburg and though it was the sight of the movie `The Sound of Music` we didn`t do any of the tourist rip-off tours that they offer, but we realized afterwards that we went near some of the spots they filmed at. It was just a really pretty place to get totally lost in. We took some really pretty walks around some of the forested hills near the town. On our first night Sandra and some friends took us up to the top of a mountain where we watched paragliders float infront of a picturesque sunset, with mountains galore. My eyes will never forget it. I probably won`t be forgetting Salzburg very soon. The people I`ve met, the places I`ve seen. Everything makes me so very happy to be alive!
Well, now onto Switzerland!
1 comment:
Oh, Justine, I'm so glad you made it to Salzburg. It's one of my very favourite places in Europe. And I remember the train ride too. We came from the other side, from Germany I think, so it was our first stop in Austria. It was soooooo beautiful!! We love reading your blog, and I'm so happy you're having such a great time. See you not so soon!
Love Nic
Post a Comment